My computer is driving me CRAAAZZZYYYY!!!

I don't want to make excuses, but yeah. I guess I'm gonna. Let me explain.

I have a "hand-me-down" laptop that I "re-built" with XP pro. I also installed some additional memory and everything was great. Then one day I woke up and when I went to turn it on, I noticed the power cord looked severed. Great. How the crap did that happen...and I didn't notice it until then?...hmmm. So I ordered a new cord from ebay (probably my first mistake--or maybe second behind even attempting to do any of it myself) and it was working fine until a few days later the cord kept coming unplugged whenever it was moved or bumped...which was fine, I would just work off battery then plug it in when I was done to recharge. Well NOW the battery won't hold a charge and every time the plug comes out, my computer shuts off, usually in mid-sentence. So I haven't been able to reply to emails or update my blog or work on pictures because every time I try to type or move (with trips you move a lot...needless to say) my computer comes unplugged. I just get frustrated and usually my window to do those things has closed, so I give up. It has caused me more stress than the girls have. Although, Avery's feet jabbing me in the ribs right now aren't helping any. She's now in my lap and I have to do my FAVORITE typing. I am so not patient when it comes to blogging...I just want to get it done FAST and when I have to do it with one hand it takes three times least. So---here's the latest: (well, since the last post, anyway...)

Some friends of ours, the Silcocks, came out from Idaho to visit a couple weeks ago. We took the girls and met them for dinner at Sizzler. It was good, but I'm glad it was noisy. The girls are getting harder to take out because they are getting more vocal and more mobile so they just was to be out and they want to eat your food instead of watching you eat it and they let you know their feelings. But they weren't too bad. Then I was able to go shopping on Saturday with Julie. Justin watched their kids (Shaeley Colby and Cal) and Tony and his mom watched Avery and Ashleigh and we took Jordyn with us. It was so much fun! I haven't gone shopping with one of my friends for seriously years!! I made her try on some fun and sometimes crazy things (well not THAT crazy---) She tried on a ruffly zebra striped silky blouse under a tan was cute but just not her style---which is totally fine. I just wanted to see what it looked like. Clothes look so much better on someone her size. Anyhoo, she got some super cute things and more importantly I had a great time with her. So thanks Julie!

Then, that evening we had the opportunity to attend the wedding of our friends Scott and Stacy. It was a unique and very appropriate event--so beautiful and fun. Plus, it served two purposes-- we were able to celebrate their day with them and a few other friends AND we got a night out together. :) Thank you for including us! We wish you a lifetime of love and laughter!
The next day, my parents came into town. I feel like we hardly saw them, but we got to spend some great times together. We took them to the capitol building and on the grounds one day then we drove down to Santa Cruz and played on the boardwalk another. The girls loved their first trip to the beach! Thanks grandpa and grandma!

I think I mentioned that Jordyn had her first solids a couple weeks ago. A week later, Avery tried her hand at it. She LOVED it and wanted to do it herself (typical of her). She wasn't quite a natural at it as Jordyn was, but she is getting the hang of it. They have both tried rice cereal and green beans and love them. I have to make Jordyn's cereal with breast milk AND juice or else she gags on it. Avery isn't as picky. Most of it ends up dribbled out of her mouth and practically everywhere it really isn't all that crucial to her. LOL! Ashleigh will probably try it this week sometime, but I just don't know if she is quite ready yet. She's a little tiny bit behind the other two, developmentally. But ya never know. She surprises us all the time.

We go back to the hospital on Wednesday to meet with the physical therapists. I can't believe the appointment is already here. We made it before the girls were even out of the hospital and now they are 6 months and 6 days past their due date. Crazy. But they'll check out their progress so far and just see if their are any deficiencies we need to address. I am pretty nervous actually. I just feel like I haven't done enough or pushed them to do enough...especially Ashleigh. But I am concerned about all of them. There are so many things to worry about with preemies and triplets...I just hope they will 'pass' all the tests :) Wish us luck! I will let you know how things go.

I know I have promised pictures for a while now...but I am going to try and do some tonight---if my computer doesn't shut off again.... ;) Just be patient with me! I'm trying!


Popular posts from this blog


Another Annual ::The Pumpkin Patch::

{{ BOO! }} Halloween 2010