Birthday and Mother's Day----BACK POST

I started this on May 26th but never finished it. Sorry so late. So here goes:

I had a fabulous birthday this year. I am 27 years old now! Weird. Getting older doesn't really bother me. It's just weird to realize you are a certain age, whatever it might be. It's kinda fun to me, actually. I've always been one that couldn't wait until I was 'older'. I hung out with older kids when I was younger and always idolized my older sisters. I guess that is all still true. I married someone older and I suppose I can always take solace in the fact that he will always be 3+ years older than me. :D (Love you, dear!) Thank you for the beautiful roses. They were a creamy pink with a hint of a darker pink in the center around the outer edges of each petal. Here is a picture, even though it's hard to tell the colors:


....................................................................................................

For mother's day, we made the treck home to see my own mother! It was sort of coincidental that we were there that day, but it happened to work out really perfectly. My two sisters and their families came up from Utah and my two siblings in I.F. were there, so it was the first time in a long time we were all together in one place. We went to our home ward and had a great great time with everyone. I made a fancy cake that turned out really cheap and chintzy looking but it tasted absolutely fabulous, even if I do say so myself. It was a chocolate/white swirl with chocolate ganache on two layers and a raspberry filling on one. Here is a picture even though I really don't want to share it because it turned out so badly. I planned on piping some chocolate swirls and putting some flowers on top but I had spent so much time doing it and was just too tired to finish--so I quit. It looks like a horrible and cheesey baby shower cake. I was trying to make it feminine and masculine because it was also a birthday cake for several people. Well, it didn't work out how I wanted, but it tasted good and in the end that's all that matters, right? Oh, regretfully, here it is....



Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the mothers and women caretakers out there!
You are all special and amazing!

Comments

Unknown said…
Around here cakes are lucky if they get frosted! lol It's definately better than I could do!
Nat said…
Dude, what are you talking about? That cake looks awesome! I have GOT to find this website I ran into for you, about professional cake disasters...let me see if I can locate it real quick.

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

HILARIOUS!!!
Katy said…
ya...that cake is great...did you see my cupcakes with old princesses on top. Um... that took me like 1 min. Yours look fabulous.
Karebear said…
Just in case you didn't know my nick name, this is your cousin, Kara. Your cake is awesome! Where did you learn to make cakes like that? How do you make cakes like that? You are so talented!!

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Did It!

MERRY CHRISTMAS--2011!!

*Thanksgiving 2010*