Wishing you all a happy 4th of July weekend and a renewed sense of pride in our country and appreciation for our freedom in the coming year! Here are a couple pictures of our day:
"Why, yes! Yes, that IS paint!" (A gallon of paint, to be exact. And, yes, that is my car. The driver's seat, actually.) That was my response to the nosey man, with a 6 year old child in tow, who was in line ahead of me at the car detailer. It's as if NO ONE has ever seen a little paint spilled before.... It's just paint people, keep walkin'! :) As you can imagine, I drew a crowd. It all started when I was on my way back to Lowe's (with offending paint can on the floor behind my seat) to buy a few more supplies, including a small tube of blue paint to be used to tint the paint that was currently still in it's can . I only had an hour until the girls got up from their naps and had to relieve my mother-in-law from her kid-watching-post, so I knew I had to be super duper fast. I was just about to the off-ramp when four cars in front of me all slammed on their breaks, of course causing me to slam on my brakes. It was enough to lay some rubber down, I can...
Yes. I have been given doctor's orders to wear a mask. It was super fun getting my prescription in Rite Aid, looking like death AND wearing a face mask. I was not making eye contact with ANYONE and I'm pretty sure everyone was running in the opposite direction from me. This is probably a more appropriate post for the other blog but I'm too lazy to log in and blah blah blah . I have the flu. Just the regular flu, not swine flue (although they don't really do the "test" anymore to see if it is or not) so really it's just a guess, but I'll go with it. I have to say it's pretty miserable. I don't think I've ever had the real flu before so it's a new experience and one I hope to never repeat. But I probably won't ever get the flu shot so it's a real possibility I'll get it again....but I've gone this long, right??? But for reals, I DID get a new look! I've been long overdue for a hair cut (try a YEAR) so I finally had...
Here is a short recap of Thanksgiving. It was pretty low-key and we hosted at our house. I asked the girls what they were grateful for. Here is what they said: 1. Ashleigh: "mommy and daddy....ummm.....ummmmm....." 2. Jordyn : : " ummmm ....I'm grateful for...ummmmm......Jesus and Heavenly Father." 3. Avery: "mommy, nana , papa, all the nice food we have, grandma, grandpa, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine and Belle. And for hearts." It was like pulling teeth for everyone but Avery, who is thankful last of all for "hearts". Um...? I don't know if she meant, like, our beating hearts in our bodies or just the "heart" shape?? Who knows. But it made me laugh. I know they are grateful for many things, but it's hard to come up with them when you are put on the spot. And when you're not even four years old. :) For my list, I'm grateful for supportive family members who I can turn to when I have a question or n...
Comments