It's amazing what you can do with one hand...

Seriously, my life for the past 5 and a half months (5 1/2???? I can't believe it!) has been lived with some sort of dexterous limitation. I type with one hand, I eat with one hand, I feed babies with one hand (usually two at the same time if giving bottles) I even use the restroom while holding, and usually nursing a baby! I'm sorry, but neither the baby nor my bladder can wait. Most of the time, since I'm right handed, I am using my left hand. Have you ever tried eating with your opposite hand? It's difficult...especially salad...but I'm actually getting relatively good at it. I can't even think of all the things I've done, but every time I am forced to do something I'm not used to, I think how amazing it is. But you just do it...you have to! I would never get anything done if I waited for the "easy way". For example, right now I am nursing a baby, eating a sandwich AND typing. There are even times when both hands are occupied and I have to use my toes to get things---burp cloths, pacifiers (man, those things can roll!), etc. I hope that doesn't sound too gross, but as a parent you have to do all sorts of things you never wanted to do.

When you are "forced" (I don't mean that in the negative sense) into a situation, like being a new mother, you get the opportunity to expand in ways you never thought possible. But I am grateful for those times because that's when growth occurs. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I think I've done rather well adjusting to this new and crazy and wonderful life. Yes, I have had a lot of help. But who's to say that's a sign of weakness? For me personally, accepting help is a very hard thing. I've had to take it with a smile when I did not want. But it was helpful and I grew from each experience. I KNOW I can't do this all by myself. I have been seriously blessed to have had so much help. Thank you to everyone for your help--from dinner to babysitting to prayers or even a positive word or thought. I couldn't have done it without you and I wouldn't be the person I am now and will continue to become.

Well, I'm off to multi-task...again! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Did It!

MERRY CHRISTMAS--2011!!

*Thanksgiving 2010*