* STARRY, STARRY NIGHT *

I must confess, I don't love the tree I decorated. I like parts of it, actually I love parts of it, but as a whole, I think I screwed it up. I was thinking about it as I tried to fall asleep, but then when I actually did fall asleep, it was only to wake up a few hours later and agonize over it in my mind for hours. I can see in my head what I did wrong and if I could, I would completely start over. Too bad the Festival starts in 31 minutes. Oh well. I hope someone buys it and they can re-do it, if they want to. The hard part about doing a 'Festival' tree is every ornament, garland, etc. etc. on the tree has to be permanently wired on. Last year I did the 'hang it on, then go back and tighten each one on with wire' thing. It was hard, time consuming and I'm sure some were completely missed. So this year I tightened each one as I hung them. It was quicker, but the drawback was that once they were hung, they were staying....forever. That was my first mistake. The second is maybe I have too many ornaments and things on the tree. I have seen these trees that are so packed with ornaments that you can barely even see green from the tree and they look so cool and elegant. Unfortunately, I do not have the 'touch' to do it myself. I am TRULY not looking for people to say I'm wrong and that it looks great. I REALLY, REALLY feel I messed it up. I wouldn't have been up all night re-doing it in my head if I thought it looked fine and just wanted compliments from people. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, and we are always our worst critics, but oh well. There is nothing I can do about it so I'm hoping that it reaches out to someone and they just have to have it! :) It looks OK, but I think it could be better. I guess that's all I'm tryin' to say.
SO--After that glowing review (haha) Here are the pictures
of the 2008 Festival of Trees 'STARRY, STARRY NIGHT' tree:

I put luminaries at the bottom instead of wrapped boxes.

They aren't turned on in the picture below. That's another story
for another day. Thanks to a nice man, they are working now. :)


(Pardon the mess around it. Everyone was just setting up and there were boxes everywhere.)


Comments

Katy said…
Looks "starry nightish" to me! wasnt that the goal. Great work. I love you tons, but you worry too much... take a load off and go shopping! :) You deserve it.
Nat said…
Dude, if I lived in your area, I would totally buy it! I love it! I think we all are our own worst critic.
Nat said…
Dude, if I lived in your area, I would totally buy it! I love it! I think we all are our own worst critic.
Carr Family said…
I think it looks beautiful!! You should see our tree in our home...it's pretty sad. I would much rather have this beautiful tree in our home. You are definitely too hard on yourself, it looks great.
Johnson Family said…
You are so talented! I think you are amazing and the tree turned out lovely:)
Casey's trio said…
You should be very proud of yourself!!
Brittany said…
Way to go Chels! I think it looks beautiful and I congratulate you for taking the time to do it! I don't think I could! Happy Holidays!
The Good Life said…
I haven't been blogging lately so sorry this is late. You are a very talented person. I know how it is to feel like you could have done better when a project you worked on doesn't turn out "perfect", but remember you have been starring at this tree for hours and hours and planning it for months. Sometimes you stop seeing the good things and only see the bad when you work on a project for that long. Just trust me it looks great from a first impression point of view! I'm sorry you lost sleep over it! Also Thanks for singing today. I love listening!
Katie said…
These types of trees are always so beautiful to me because I could neve come close to doing something like this. I've never been one to be able to fancify a tree.....just this year I discovered that if I put beads or garland or something around the tree it would tie in all my mis-matched ornaments that we get every year! DUH! Its taken me 10 years to figure that out. You're miles ahead of me!

Good Job!

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Did It!

MERRY CHRISTMAS--2011!!

*Thanksgiving 2010*